Sunday, July 3, 2011

Transform Yourself

Photobucket
Attention hosts & hostesses. All the hopeless hostess posts received a stylish new make-over & updates before moving to www.ColorMeCourtney.com. Click here to check them out & refer to Color Me Courtney from now on!
How to host a Transformers Party

My latest dinner party was inspired by the newly released Transformer Movie. To celebrate the premier I hosted a Transformers themed dinner affair where guests got to Transform their different food and desserts.

You're Invited:
Here is a copy of the invitation sent out to all the guests. I create my own e-vites and send them via the free site: www.punchbowl.com  I used to love this site but as a recently made some disappointing changes. Now in order to use images in your e-vites you have to upgrade to plus and therefore pay.


IMAGES

The Details&Decor:
I didn't do much decorating for this event, the real effort went to the table setting. For the party, I made a table runner out of foil, made place cards with Transformer images and purchased Transformer plates and napkins. 

The Dinning&Drinks:
The food for this event was a big part of the theme. The idea is that guests can Transform their different food into whatever they want them to be. For appetizers we just had chip and different kind of dip so guests could Transform their average chips.

For the meal I created a chicken painting station by putting chick on skewers and providing five different sauces and paint brushes. Guests painted or Transformed their chicken with BBQ, Ranch, Buffalo Wing, Caribbean Jerk and Sweet and Sour sauces. 

For the rest of the main course I also created a baked potato bar so guests could Transform their potatoes with cheddar cheese, chives, butter, sour cream and my personal favorite bacon bits. I also served salad with multiple dressings and rolls.

For dessert I created a Ice Cream Sundae Bar so guests could Transform their Vanilla Ice Cream by adding candy, sprinkles, chocolate chips (white, milk and peanut butter), coconut, nuts, syrup (chocolate, butterscotch and vanilla) and more. 
(before and after)

The Dress:
So this was a hard one to dress up for... Some guests choose to wear metallics, others wore foil and some just added mechanic touches.




No comments:

Post a Comment